[Rock-dev] Cannot typedef already defined types!

Ajish Babu ajish.babu at dfki.de
Tue May 13 15:31:45 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I was trying to use the type *
typedef std::vector< base::Vector3d > PolygonPoints3d;*
as port type in orogen module. The module builds without problems.

But when I try to build the deployment it gives an error
*sherpa_tt_deployments.orogen:4: type
/cog_support_polygon/PolygonPoints3d is not declared
(Orocos::Generation::ConfigError). *

What I understand now is that the type *std::vector< base::Vector3d >
*is already in the typekit in base/orogen/types/base.orogen. I could not
find any warnings about it.

Does anybody know what is going on? Why was there no problem in building
the module? Why would another typedef create such a problem?

regards
Ajish