[Rock-dev] Draft of Github-based development process [IMPORTANT]

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Thu May 15 12:18:47 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Jakob Schwendner <jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
> wrote:

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> in principle ok. I am not sure on the wording of the "owners" team. Maybe
> management?

"Owners" is a default team in Github with all admin rights on an
organization ... Unfortunate name, but I would really not create a second
team with the same role.

> This pulls up the question on the management of rock as a whole, not just
> repo rights (but I guess its somehow mirrored).

Obviously. Now, I would do it "the open source way" and let those who code
speak for themselves, at least for now. This is why I personally want to
favor pull requests and the MLs for discussion *before* code gets merged,
in order to include as many interested parties as possible.

> Also, I don't agree with the last section. I would not want to rule who
> has committed the most in the dicision on who gets the rights.

I don't understand your last sentence ... Can you explain ?