[Rock-dev] graph_slam build fails on ubuntu 12.04: "g2o_solver_eigen" library not available

Steffen Planthaber Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
Tue May 20 17:54:11 CEST 2014

Hi Sylvain,

I think it wasn't intentional you didn't reply to rock-dev.

Am 20.05.2014 17:38, schrieb Sylvain Joyeux:
 > If the pkg-config file needs to be fixed, it is by adding it
 > conditionally (i.e. adding it only if it is not built, and not always)
 >
 > In general, we should probably push all these patches upstream instead
 > of virtually forking 3rd party library
 >
 > Sylvain

Just to be clear: g2o does not provide a .pc file at all, it's already
added by our patch.

Is it possible to select patches from .autobuild files?

Afaik the only way to define patches is in the source.yml, and there
they cannot be OS specific.

I think loosing the ability to use the solver on all Operating Systems,
just because one old LTS has no support for it is a bad option.

I agree a "virtual fork" by patching the CMakeLists.txt files of g2o
itself in order to create a proper .pc file is a bad option, as they
might change and cause trouble when out "old" patches are applied ;-)

Greets,

Steffen

Am 20.05.2014 17:38, schrieb Sylvain Joyeux:
> If the pkg-config file needs to be fixed, it is by adding it
> conditionally (i.e. adding it only if it is not built, and not always)
>
> In general, we should probably push all these patches upstream instead
> of virtually forking 3rd party library
>
> Sylvain

> <Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de <mailto:Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de>>:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     The lib is is referenced in the pkgconfig file of g2o (added by patch
>     remotes/rock/patches/g2o_build4.patch) and so rock tries to link it when
>     building graph_slam
>
>     But the lib is only build by g2o/solvers/CMakeLists.txt, when the eigen
>     version is higher than 3.1 (12.04 has 3.0).
>
>     Is the solver used by graph_slam, of can it be removed from the
>     pkgconfig file?
>
>     Best, Steffen
>
>     --
>        Steffen Planthaber
>        Weltraumrobotik
>
>        Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftstelle:
>        DFKI GmbH
>        Robotics Innovation Center
>        Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
>        28359 Bremen, Germany
>
>        Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:
>        DFKI GmbH
>        Robotics Innovation Center
>        Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
>        28359 Bremen, Germany
>
>        Tel.:     +49 421 178 45-4125
>        Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-0
>        Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
>        E-Mail: Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
>     <mailto:Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de>
>
>        Weitere Informationen: http://www.dfki.de/robotik
>
>     -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>        Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
>        Firmensitz: Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
>        Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster
>        (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
>        Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
>        Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
>        Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kaiserslautern (HRB 2313)
>        USt-Id.Nr.:    DE 148646973
>        Steuernummer:  19/673/0060/3

  Steffen Planthaber
  Weltraumrobotik