[Rock-dev] graph_slam build fails on ubuntu 12.04: "g2o_solver_eigen" library not available

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:13:49 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Steffen Planthaber <
Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de> wrote:

> I think loosing the ability to use the solver on all Operating Systems,
> just because one old LTS has no support for it is a bad option.
>
> I agree a "virtual fork" by patching the CMakeLists.txt files of g2o
> itself in order to create a proper .pc file is a bad option, as they
> might change and cause trouble when out "old" patches are applied ;-)

You don't understand my point

The proper way would be to patch CMakeLists.txt to provide a proper
pkg-config file *and*, most importantly, to get this patch included
upstream instead of having it sitting in the autoproj configuration.

We *are* forking g2o already as we have to maintain our own pkg-config file
(and do a bad job at it, obviously)