[Rock-dev] vizkit3d: fixing interpretation of transformer configuration

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Thu May 22 19:24:53 CEST 2014

Hi Alex,

The visualization stays the same. But the interpretation of the
transformer configuration changes for vizkit3d only.

> Former:
> static_transform(Eigen::Vector3.new(0.0,0.0,3.0),
> Eigen::Quaternion.from_euler(Eigen::Vector3.new(Math::PI,0,0),2,1,0),"world"
>
> => "body")
>
> must no be written as:
> static_transform(Eigen::Vector3.new(0.0,0.0,3.0),
> Eigen::Quaternion.from_euler(Eigen::Vector3.new(Math::PI,0,0),2,1,0),"body"
>
> => "world")
It works for me when using static transformations. But, regarding
dynamic transformations:
Does it also apply to the dynamic transformations given by a rbs on an
output port?

Former:
dynamic_transform "vicon.pose_samples", "world" => "body"
with rbs.sourceFrame = "world"
with rbs.targetFrame = "body"

must now be written as:
dynamic_transform "vicon.pose_samples", "body" => "world"
with rbs.sourceFrame = "body"
with rbs.targetFrame = "world"

However, in the transformer_broadcaster the frames for dynamic
transformation are called from_frame and to _frame.
I am not making it work with the new interpretation. Did anyone already
try it?

Thanks,

Javier.