[Rock-dev] Multiple projects - one Rock source folder?

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:12:52 CEST 2014

There is functionality for that, simply not advertised as I had no
time to fix the last rough edges. In other words, it works (I've been
using it on and off), but still some unexpected errors / things
(especially when you start acd'ing into a parent workspace from a
child).

Build your parent rock project, then go in a new folder and do

  autoproj bootstrap --reuse
/path/to/the/rock/root/that/should/be/reused git
$URL_TO_THIS_PROJECTS_BUILDCONF

I have to admit that I am not sure whether autoproj's current version
has all the fixes for this that I added recently, or if some of them
are still on master.

What led me to not push this functionality too much is see the amount
of fighting against the whole concept in ROS from ROS users at DFKI.
(i.e. looked good from the outside, was painful in practice),
especially when one starts to have a package in a root workspace that
should be patched in a child workspace. There is e.g. no way (yet ?)
to force re-building a package in a child when it exists in the parent
in autoproj.

Sylvain