[Rock-dev] Update to master/next/stable

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:50:51 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Janosch Machowinski
<Janosch.Machowinski at dfki.de> wrote:
> Am 30.09.2014 um 15:39 schrieb Raul Dominguez:
>> A couple of question about the wiki text
>> (http://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/OngoingWork/RockFlavorsOrReleases/How).
>>
>> First one:
>>
>> Options 2 and 3 share the same first point in the procedure of making a
>> release:
>> "Branch all master branches to the release branch/tag ".
>>
>> Does this mean that the release is generated from the (at release time)
>> state of the master branch?
>> To me, it would make more sense to generate a release from the most
>> stable and documented code we have (i.e. stable).
> Yes, rock1408 was generated from master. What is missing in the description
> is the release candidate phase. In this phase the stack was tested. Only
> after there are no known bugs in the release candidate, the release was done.

Saying that all packages got tested during the RC is preposterous.
It's simply not possible.

Examples ? orogen_metadata was not supposed to end up being released.
base/orogen/interfaces is deprecated (so releasing it does not seem a
super-sane thing to do). auv_control is still "in flux" (I would
definitely not mark it as "release-ready").