[Rock-dev] Update to master/next/stable

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 21:00:04 CEST 2014

> Does this mean that the stable branch is replaced by the release branch
> right after the release branch was generated from master?
> Wouldn't that introduce a lot of untested code in the stable branch
> users? What is then with next? I am sure I am misunderstanding this one...
next disappears, that much we all agreed on.

I completely agree with you that only stable code should end up in
stable (and that the so-called "release manager" does not have the
mean to decide what qualifies as "stable"). The rock1408 branches
contain whatever was in master at the time, and I did use the rock1408
branch to avoid too much divergence. What I did not have to do is put
in stable packages that had never been released. IMO, the package
maintainers should be the ones deciding what should be released.