[Rock-dev] [RFC] Proposal for a new default camera manipulator in Vizkit3D

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:13:00 CET 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Steffen Planthaber
<Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de> wrote:
> We used to have the MatrixManipulator enabled in vizkit (allowing to
> switch camera moced by number keys).

Which is really opaque and was to me really annoying. Each time I
wanted to change the manipulator, I had to go inside vizkit3d's code
to find out what keys I needed to type (not mentioning the lack of
feedback).

> I think we can make your Manipulator the default, but add the "old" to
> another key so users can easily switch modes.
That's what I proposed, with the addition that I've implemented
switching the camera manipulator from within vizkit3d's configuration
panel and from within ruby scripts.