[Rock-dev] Parallel repository rock-gui/rock_widget_collection on github and gitorious

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:19:48 CET 2015

> Wondering: We are not good at "deprecating" locations, sources or
> workflows in an organized way... Will the stuff on gitorious be deleted
> in the future?

I don't see why we should (delete). However, it is trivial to set the
repositories are read-only, so people should definitely do it when
they migrate code to github.

> Wouldn't it be nice to be able to add a tag like
>
>       <deprecated>This packet is deprecated, please go away!</deprecated>
>
> to the manifest.xml, which autoproj would print out as a flashing red
> warning during processing?

We discussed how to deprecate packages in autoproj already in the last
rock core video conference. Did not think about adding a tag in the
manifest, but that would definitely be doable and desirable. Feel free
to add something in
https://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/Standards/RG11 on this subject
;-)