[Rock-dev] Renaming group organization - rock-image-processing

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Tue Mar 17 15:41:36 CET 2015

Hi Rock,

Now almost all packages have been moved to github. There is a new
organization "rock-image-processing" (inheritance from gitorious naming
in the migration).

I think it is a good moment to think (again) of this name before it is
too late. I will like to rename it to "rock-perception". I personally
think it is more general and it better fits our needs (i.e.: lidar
processing, sonar processing, radar processing and image processing). In
general exteroceptive sensor processing that we might find in a robot
(images inclusive).

For example, rock components that make uses of pcl library and performs
filtering, segmentation or object recognition should also go in that
organization (rock-perception). It would also include visual markers
recognition etc... as it currently is in image_processing.

I will like to make the rename unless there are votes against it.

Javier.