[Rock-dev] Who are the package maintainers?

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 13:17:54 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Jakob Schwendner
<jakob.schwendner at dfki.de> wrote:
> The good thing about the spreadsheet would be, that we can share the load of maintaining a bit, and we have a better overview of the distribution.

I like the overview aspect indeed... But that would be useful IMO once
most of the "obvious" maintainers are filled in. As for sharing the
load, this is IMO a personal matter. If one wants (1) is the obvious
choice to maintain 200 packages and (2) wants to do it, then so be it.

> we do a small videoconf to discuss

??? I think you are over-thinking this a bit. For most packages, the
maintainer will be very clear. Do we need a videoconf discussion about
slam/eslam ? Do we about orogen ?

I'd like to think that we can manage this as adults. Most packages
have clear maintainership / authorship. Let's start with that and deal
with the leftovers once we're done.