[Rock-dev] Proposal for a Rock website redesign

Steffen Planthaber Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
Thu Mar 26 10:35:25 CET 2015

Am 25.03.2015 um 16:40 schrieb Sylvain Joyeux:
> It's great that you start tackling this ... however ...
>
>> 1. we planned to move the generated APIs to gh-pages
> We very quicly *discussed* it. The technical aspects have been
> discussed "in passing", which means that no two people have the same
> idea of how it could be done and what should happen.
>
> This is your time, but before you start coding, may I maybe suggest to
> actually lay down the pieces of the puzzle for everyone to see ?
> Because that's a fairly big puzzle.

It is, it was quicker to implement a proof of concept to check for "show
stoppers", than to think about it, also you cannot miss an issue when
you have a basic implementation.

Additionally this puts some parts of the puzzle together to get a
clearer picture of the overall concept and issues.

>> 2. we planned to automate the package page generation
> You mean, move it to client-side ?

Yes.

> Great ! First step would be to match
>    http://rock-robotics.org/stable/pkg/index.html

I added an "if page exits part" to display the api.
We can later query the github organisation of packages in case the
package is hosted there to provide additional information like links,
issues, etc.

I had to put the page on the server to make the API request work (CORS
issue):
http://rock-robotics.org/status/packages.html

The list layout (coloring, link color ect.) is in css, so this can
easily be updated in case we use the js version of the list officially.

Best,
Steffen

--
  Steffen Planthaber
  Weltraumrobotik

  Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de