[Rock-dev] 3drov simulator repo in rock simulation - to remove

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Fri Mar 27 10:02:42 CET 2015

On 27.03.2015 08:37, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I thing we discussed some flag like <deprivated>1</depricated> for the
> manifest.xml
> then if someone is still manually defining this get's a warning, ad it's
> clear that this package is not longer (officially) supported by the
> maintainer
>
> Did we agreed to this?
My main idea for deleting it was because:
1. the rock-simulation group has a title which is: "MARS Simulation
which is part of the rock-simulation toolkit"
2. 3dROV is not part of MARS (it's a substitution of it), therefore in
my opinion it shouldn't be there
3. The migration from gitorious was uncompleted because
orogen-lowlevel_rpc_3drov is missing.

IMO I would delete it from rock-simulation. Where to put it is a
different question but as I said I have it in my github account (the one
in rock-simulation and the missing one). Therefore, those packages could
be a good starting point in case ESA integrates 3dROV and rock in the
future.

https://github.com/jhidalgocarrio/simulation-orogen-highlevel_rpc_3drov
https://github.com/jhidalgocarrio/simulation-orogen-lowlevel_rpc_3drov

Javier.