[Rock-dev] [Rock-users] Place for the robot model and simulation scenes in the bundle

Raul Dominguez Raul.Dominguez at dfki.de
Mon May 4 15:51:29 CEST 2015

Hello,

here is a recap of the discussion and proposal for path patterns.

- The robot models which are reusable should be outside the bundle, so
that they can be used accross different project. Note: A robot model
might provide just a part of a robot (e.g. arm).
- Project-specific robot models go in the bundle.
- Same applies for Scenes or Worlds: If reusable better outside the bundle.

I propose the paths below. Note that in the case of the SMURF robot
models, the models are not only for simulation, therefore they should
not be under a "simulation" folder.

In-Bundle Robots:
<bundle_root>/<robot_name>/model
In-Bundle Scenes (Mars) or Worlds (Gazebo):
<bundle_root>/<scenes|worlds>/<scene|world_name>/scene|world
Out-Bundle Robots:
<autoproj_current_root>/robots/<robot_name>/model
Out-Bundle Scenes or Worlds:
<autoproj_current_root>/simulation/<scenes|worlds>/<scene|world_name>/scene|world

If you don't find problems with this, I'ld encourage you to follow these
paths from now on in your projects.

Kind regards,
Raúl