[Rock-dev] Bug with autoproj

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:54:39 CEST 2016

> I guess autoproj will just choose one of the remotes even if the searched package is not provided by that one

It should not. The "version_control" section applies only on the
packages that are defined by this package set. Only the overrides are
overlaid. You can track how autoproj resolves the version control by
running `autoproj show PACKAGE_NAME`. It shows all the entries that
got considered, as well as the final result.

I however believe that this has nothing to do with that.

Sylvain

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Raul Dominguez <Raul.Dominguez at dfki.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One reason it happened in my installation was that in more than one
> package_set the sources.yml was using the same wildcards such as
> rock-control/.* (from rock.control and dfki.control). I guess autoproj
> will just choose one of the remotes even if the searched package is not
> provided by that one. (e.g. control-reflexxes is only available in
> rock.control). To solve this I included overrides for the packages not
> checking in the overrides.d folder.
>
> Nevertheless, I found this problem happening too for other packages
> which were not falling in the previous case and as Steffen said the only
> way I managed to checkout those was doing a manual checkout.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Raúl
>

> On 30.08.2016 13:17, Steffen Planthaber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A workaround is to git clone the package manually into the correct folder.
>>
>> "autoproj update" will work normally afterwards.
>>
>> Steffen
>>

>>> Janosch Machowinski <Janosch.Machowinski at dfki.de> hat am 30. August 2016 um
>>> 13:00 geschrieben:
>>>

>>> Hey,
>>> since a few days we are experiencing a new bug
>>> with autoproj. Some packages just fail to import :
>>> Command failed
>>> base/orogen/types(/home/scotch/spacebot_new/base/orogen/types): failed
>>> in import phase
>>>       while importing base/orogen/types,
>>> /home/scotch/spacebot_new/base/orogen/types does not point to a git
>>> repository
>>>
>>> For unknown reasons, no log is generated and the debug output
>>> doesn't help me either :
>>>
>>> base/orogen/types: no documentation available for base/orogen/types in
>>> its manifest.xml file
>>>      no tags
>>>      defined in package set rock.core
>>>      checked out in /home/scotch/spacebot_new/base/orogen/types
>>>      git:https://github.com/rock-core/base-orogen-types.git branch=stable
>>> commit= push_to=git at github.com:/rock-core/base-orogen-types.git
>>> repository_id=github:/rock-core/base-orogen-types.git retry_count=10