[Rock-dev] Growing list of ruby gems - autorespawn?

Steffen Planthaber Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
Wed Mar 9 17:46:02 CET 2016

Hi,

Mostly, these errors occur when gems are updated on rubygems.org.

The last gem affected was "activesupport", the issue is explained in the PR:
https://github.com/rock-core/package_set/pull/71

"autorespawn", indeed requires ruby 2.1
https://rubygems.org/gems/autorespawn

Normally, to solve the issue, you could install the autorespawn gem
manually in the correct version BEFORE you do the autoproj  update.
But all versions of autorespawn require ruby 2.1 :-(

so
$> gem install autorespawn -v 0.4.1
won't work.

$> autoproj show autorespawn
tells that the only package that requires it is "tools/roby", where it
is listed as optional, so you can remove the line from
tools/roby/manifest.xml as a quick fix.

Best, Steffen

--
  Steffen Planthaber
  Weltraumrobotik

  Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de