[Rock-dev] [Rock-users] Autoproj - Not officially supported OS packages

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:39:52 CEST 2016

No, because that should *not* be done by any automated tool. Adding
PPAs is a security risk. If some of the PPAs I've used is
representative, it is also a nice way to break your user's systems.

Some options:
 - make autoproj compile opencv from source to get the parts you need
 - provide a separate package set in which you warn you users clearly
of what you want to do to their ubuntus and install the PPA (i.e. by
asking a question)
 - check in the autobuild files whether the parts of opencv you need
are installed (i.e. by checking for some include / pkg-config file)
and if it is not, fallback to the build-opencv-from-source. Add
information in README that one can install the package manually to
avoid building from source.

Sylvain