[Rock-dev] OmniORB NamingService error

Thomas Roehr thomas.roehr at dfki.de
Tue May 10 15:26:41 CEST 2016

Hey Sambeet,

could you let us know of the details of you installation environment,
e.g. are you using any Linux distribution with preinstalled omniorb?

On 10.05.2016 15:05, Sambeet Panigrahi wrote:
> I have posted about this in the OmniORB mailing list but I am yet to
> get a reply.
>
> I was following the steps mentioned in README.unix.txt for setting up
> Omniorb 4.2.1. I have installed OmniORB using make and make install.
> Now the next step is to to configure the omniORB runtime and the
> naming service.According to the guide, first a variable
> OMNINAMES_DATADIR needs to be created.
> I did that using OMNINAMES_DATADIR=/home/sambeet/OmniOrb/datadir;
> export OMNINAMES_DATADIR
> Now the next step is to start the naming service.
> $ omniNames -start &
>
> But I am getting the error:
> omniORB: Failed to bind to address :: port 2809. Address in use?
> omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
> giop:tcp::2809 omniNames: Failed to initialise:
> INITIALIZE_TransportError omniNames may already be running, or omniORB
> may be misconfigured.

Have you checked whether you have a running omniORB? Anything bound to
port 2809, i.e. what is the result of 'sudo netstat -lp | grep 2809'

> And sometimes I am getting this error: omniNames: error while loading
> shared libraries: libomniORB4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory I did this in order to resolve shared library
> error
> $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
> But the error continues. Can you please tell me what are these errors
> and how to resolve them?

Where did you install your custom omniorb libraries to, what is the
actual path of the library?

Best
Thomas

--
Thomas Röhr (M.Sc.)
Space Robotics

 Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

 Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
 E-Mail:   thomas.roehr at dfki.de