[Rock-dev] Rock Drivers

Martin.Azkarate at esa.int Martin.Azkarate at esa.int
Fri Jul 27 10:49:26 CEST 2018

Hello Anuj,

Here some instructions on how to install rock from scratch.

Install Rock Master on Ubuntu 16.04

- Preparation
sudo apt-get install gcc cmake git ruby ruby-dev -y
git config --global user.name ?TODO?
git config --global user.email ?TODO?

- Bootstrap
mkdir ~/dev && cd ~/dev
wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rock-core/buildconf/master/bootstrap.sh
sh ./bootstrap.sh

- Select all default options except:
"How should I interact with github.com?" => http
"Which flavor of Rock do you want to use?" => master
"Whether C++11 should be enabled for Rock packages" => yes

- Validation
source ./env.sh
amake
rock-replay

If this does not work, tell us where it fails and how.

If your aim is to make it run on ROS, you might want to skip the rock
installation though...
On the other hand, rock bootstrap will also install the data types and
dependencies you need for the imu driver (base types and iodrivers_base
library mainly).

You can use the orogen package of the imu (
https://github.com/rock-drivers/drivers-orogen-imu_stim300) as an example
on how to run the imu driver library, i.e., if you replicate the code in
the orogen in your ROS installation you should get similar outputs...

Good luck,
Martin

HE Space for ESA - European Space Agency
Martin Azkarate
Space Automation and Robotics Engineer
TEC-MMA
ESTEC - European Space research and TEchnology Centre
Keplerlaan 1, 2201 AZ Noordwijk
The Netherlands
Martin.Azkarate at esa.int | www.esa.int
Tel +31 71 565 3480 | Mob +31 650 625 564