[mary-dev] Error Handling in MARY TTS: Start of new guidelines for writing code in MARY TTS

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Fri Nov 12 09:18:43 CET 2010

Code quality is an important goal, and MARY TTS sometimes falls short of
it. The MARY TTS core team is now (ten years late, I know...) defining
guidelines for how to write code in MARY TTS.

Introducing these new principles is a process; we start with a central
issue, Error Handling. Please have a look at the following set of slides:

http://mary.opendfki.de/repos/trunk/doc/ErrorHandling.pdf

I am sure the ideas in these slides are not the perfect "right thing" to
do; but they seem like a good step in the right direction.

All *new code* submitted to the MARY TTS repository, in the trunk and in
all branches, should please observe the new guidelines. Old code will be
updated as time permits.

If there are concerns, comments or questions about these guidelines,
feel free to discuss on this list.

Best regards,
Marc

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: