[mary-dev] Problem trying to add pt_BR - PhoneUnitLabelComputer step

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at inria.fr
Mon Feb 28 09:22:26 CET 2011

Dear Fábio,

glad to see you found the cause of the issue so quickly!

I agree that it would be slightly more elegant to support those locales
that use a comma as the decimal separator (BP, German, etc.).

However, I'm not convinced (just yet) that this is a clean solution. As
far as I'm aware, the Xwaves lab file format does not allow commas as
decimal separators, and Mary's XwavesLabelfileDataSource class is
certainly not the only program that rejects files as malformed that do
not adhere to the format.

The question that arises is how your lab file was created. Was it some
component of the Mary voicebuilding toolchain?

Best wishes,

-Ingmar