[mary-users] HTK not patched with HTS

Marcela Charfuelan Marcela.Charfuelan at dfki.de
Wed Jul 13 09:11:00 CEST 2011

Hello fxavier,

On 07/12/2011 03:31 PM, fxavier at ircam.fr wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I encouter a strange error while running the
> check_install_external_programs.sh -check.
>
> I previsously ran the check_install_external_programs.sh -install,
> downloaded HTK 3.4.1, HDecode 3.4.1 and HTS 2.1.1 for HTK 3.4.1.
> After doing what it takes to install HTK and patch it with HTS, I run the
> check_install_external_programs.sh -check. Everything is ok except:
>

> HTK HHEd exists
> HTK version: 3.4.1
> HTK is installed but it seems not patched with HTS, because HHEd does not
> have command CM.
> HTK and HDecode have to be dowloaded, patched with HTS and compiled again
> HTK patched with HTS is not installed
>

> However HTS is properly patched with HTK (moved the patch to htk
> directory, then ran:
>
> patch -p1 -d .<  HTS-2.1.1_for_HTK-3.4.1.patch
> ./configure
> make
> make install
I think this is what you should do: patch HTK with the HTS code.
> This could be the reason why when running the newvoiceimport tools,
> ehmmlabeler, the process only takes about 15 mn, everything seems to be ok
> according to the log.txt (features files are created), except the .lab
> that dont exist. Indeed, /lab directory is completely empty...
These are two different programs, ehmm does not have much to do with HTK-HTS
we use ehmm for phonetic segmentation using force alignment.
I have experienced some problems with ehmm when the text files
(transcriptions) do not have any punctuation,
if that is the case maybe you can add some commas, or ?, !

Regards,
Marcela.

> Thanks in advance for your help,

> Florent XAVIER
> Internship at Telecom Paristech
> M2 ATIAM - UPMC/Ircam/Telecom Paristech
> ING 5 - ECE Paris
> firstname [dot] lastname [at] ircam [dot] fr
> firstname [dot] lastname [at] telecom-paristech [dot] fr
> tel:  + 33( 6 ) . 67 . 64 . 23 . 08

  Marcela Charfuelan, Researcher, DFKI GmbH
  Projektbuero Berlin, Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin, Germany
  Phone: +49 (0)30 23895-1821
  URL  : http://www.dfki.de/~charfuel/
  Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
  Geschaeftsfuehrung:
  Dr. Walter Olthoff
  Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
  Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes