[Rock-dev] Error using camera_firewire package

Martin.Azkarate at esa.int Martin.Azkarate at esa.int
Mon Jun 25 17:24:40 CEST 2012

Hello there,

I'm trying to use the camera_firewire package to control a Bumblebee2
camera. I recently got installed the camera_firewire package library and
orogen component and I have tried to run the scripts that came together in
the orogen component folder. However I keep getting different errors which
seem to be related to CORBA (??)

Running the script 'camera_firewire_live.rb' I get the following error:

/home/lrm/rock/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/corba.rb:105:in `do_init':
failed to contact the name server (Orocos::CORBAError)
from /home/lrm/rock/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/corba.rb:105:in `init'
from /home/lrm/rock/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/base.rb:345:in `initialize'
from camera_firewire_live.rb:6

While if I run the script 'camera-config.rb' I get the following error:

/home/lrm/rock/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/nameservice.rb:92:in `resolve':
The service camera_left could not be resolved using following nameservices
(in priority order): CORBA (Orocos::NotFound)
from /home/lrm/rock/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/task_context.rb:372:in
`get'
from camera-config.rb:36

The scripts are attached. I hope somebody can tell what's going wrong with
my set-up!

Thanks,

Martin

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.