[Rock-dev] Matrix as properties

Chris Mueller christoph.mueller at dfki.de
Mon Mar 12 12:18:17 CET 2012

Alternatively, you can also use /std/vector<double> for defining a fixed
Matrix and
it only needs a small convertion for aligning all elements from the
vector to the fixed matrix.

Though i'm currently working much on NEXT, this was quite comfortable
especially using the ports
on the ruby and yaml side, where you can use Array Literals for math.
matrices and vectors like e.g.:

matrix = [1, 0, 0,
                 0, 1, 0,
                 0, 0, 1]

Don't know if something similar is applicable on MASTER.

Surely, this rather a workaround for that, but it would avoid
modifications in the base/orogen/types.

Not sure if it's recommanded; I've have only seen that in another orogen
package, which uses intensively
many matrix vector configurations with different dimensions and it was
quite useful in that moment.

Chris