[Rock-dev] System Management tutorial does not run

Sitta Buhmann sbuhmann at marum.de
Thu Oct 25 10:44:57 CEST 2012

I'm sorry, I used ruby instead of rock-roby run.
However, when I use rock-roby run I get a bunch of errors about the
joystick task.

On 10/25/2012 09:24 AM, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 04:30 PM, Sitta Buhmann wrote:
>> I am not sure, but I think the problem is something different:
>> I am using ruby 1.8.7
>> I have the rock_tutorial deployment in my working path
>>
>> ruby is not finding the
>> using_task_library
> There is a bug with the loading as well. I am fixing (and testing)
> that currently. I thought it was a ruby 1.9-only issue, though, but it
> might be that it is not.
>
>> I tried:
>> require 'orocos'
>> Orocos.initialize
>> Orocos.master_project.using_task_library 'controldev'
>> Orocos.master_project.using_task_library 'rock_tutorial'
>>
>> It is accepted, but is it right?
> Yes and no. It is not doing what the management layer needs.
>> However, I then get an error on the next statement:
>>
>> composition'RockControl'  do
>>
>> composition is not found.
> Are you using rock-roby to run the script ? From the tutorial:
>
>    rock-roby instanciate <file>
>
> (and later on rock-roby run <file>)
> --
> Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
> Senior Researcher
>
> Space & Security Robotics
> Underwater Robotics
>
> !!! Achtung, neue Telefonnummer!!!
>
> Standort Bremen:
> DFKI GmbH
> Robotics Innovation Center
> Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
> 28359 Bremen, Germany
>
> Phone: +49 (0)421 178-454136
> Fax:   +49 (0)421 218-454150
> E-Mail:robotik at dfki.de
>
> Weitere Informationen:http://www.dfki.de/robotik
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
> Firmensitz: Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster
> (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kaiserslautern (HRB 2313)
> USt-Id.Nr.:    DE 148646973
> Steuernummer:  19/673/0060/3

Sitta Buhmann
MARUM
Centre for Marine Environmental Sciences
University of Bremen / Dept. of Geosciences
Leobener Str.
D-28359 Bremen

Phone:  +49 421 218 65613
Fax.:   +49 421 218 9080