[Rock-dev] Fwd: RE: Avalon's Middleware

Jan Sliwka sliwka at cmre.nato.int
Mon Sep 17 12:20:48 CEST 2012

Hello,

As for Orocos, If there is no need to know it to use Rock then it would be
simply enough to say it but I agree it is still important to say that it is
based on Orocos in introductions and so to take profit from its
popularity/community. I saw there is an object called Orocos used in the
ruby script, maybe you could rename it. As I said, those are just details
but sometimes details make a point, especially for beginners.

The PDF manual is the classical way to describe a system so I thought you
would do it. In the PDF everything is accessible through one scroll so you
can quickly have an overview of the system. Plus, you have the “number of
pages” criterion to judge
 ;).  But, using a website only documentation
might be a good idea since it forces the users to “navigate”. Just for the
sake of equivalence with PDF, you could prepare a download-able version of
your website for offline users .

Regards,

Jan

Jan SLIWKA

Dr. Eng. Contractor at ETD CMRE

Software engineering, algorithms, robotics

web: www.jan-sliwka.net <http://www.jan-sliwka.net/>