[Rock-dev] make moving speed configurable in orogen-servo_dynamixel / dynamixel

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Wed Dec 11 13:17:41 CET 2013

>> I would like to have the possibility to set the moving speed of a servo
at configuration time. Right now it is set to 1023 by default and has to be
changed via the command input port, which does not fit our needs. >> Same
goes for the torque limit.

>> If there are no objections, I would like to add two new members
"moving_speed" and "torque_limit"  to  ServoConfiguration and make the
respective changes in the orogen component
>If noone disagrees please use a dynamic property for this.
>
>property('bla','type',default).dynamic
>
>this will create setter/getter functions

This would be quite out of line with the current way of configuring the
component (e.g. using the name vector / value vector scheme)... Or, maybe I
don't understand your point so well.

Jakob