[Rock-dev] TaskInspector with multiple remote hosts

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Wed May 8 11:04:52 CEST 2013

On 05/07/2013 06:00 PM, Allan E. Conquest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a multi robot scenario where I want to show one TaskInspector
> widget for each robot. The code is like this:
>

> Orocos::CORBA.name_service.ip = '127.0.0.1'
>
> # First TaskInspector
> host = <some_ip>
> task_ins = Vizkit.default_loader.TaskInspector
> name_service = Orocos::Async::CORBA::NameService.new(host)
> task_ins.add_name_service(name_service)
>
> # Other TaskInspectors analogous
> # ...
>

> As far as I am concerned, each robot (using Roby/Syskit) starts its own
> name server.
> rock-display sets the Orocos::CORBA.name_service.ip according to the
> --host argument. Submitting a robot host with running Roby works.
> My script sets it to localhost by default (see above). Or should I set
> it at all?
>
> The add_name_service command does not seem to work the same way. The
> TaskInspector states that CORBA:<some_ip> is reachable but several Tasks
> of that host are unreachable. I did restart omniorb and swipe its directory.
issue is fixed on gui/vizkit master.

> Please feed me with some best practice advice.

If you want to use several name service the common way would be.

Orocos::Async.name_service << Orocos::Async::CORBA::NameService.new(ip1)
Orocos::Async.name_service << Orocos::Async::CORBA::NameService.new(ip2)
task_inspector.add_name_service Orocos::Async.name_service

Alex