[Rock-dev] Vizkit.control destroys configurations

Martin Günther martin.guenther at dfki.de
Tue Feb 23 14:59:09 CET 2016

Dear list,

I've just spent 2 hours debugging a stupid problem, and I thought I'd
share it with the list, so it can either be fixed or documented.

In my ruby scripts, I had this (shortened):

    Bundles.initialize
    Bundles.run 'laserscanner_tracking_filter_kalman' do
        Vizkit.control log
        filter = Orocos::TaskContext.get "laserscanner_tracking_filter_kalman"
        Orocos.conf.apply(filter, ["default", "laserscanner_tracking"], true)
        Vizkit.exec
    end

That gave me the following error:

    orocos.rb[WARN]:   /home/martin/rock/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/configurations.rb:726:in `resolve_requested_configuration_names': no configuration available for multisensor_tracking::KalmanFilterLinearTask

... which sent me looking in all the wrong places. In the end,
it turned out that moving "Vizkit.control log" after the
"Orocos.conf.apply" line fixed the problem. So something inside
Vizkit destroyed the available configurations.

Is this a bug? If it's a feature, it should be documented somewhere...

Cheers,
Martin

--
Dipl.-Inf. Martin Günther
Researcher

DFKI GmbH
Robotics Innovation Center Bremen - Außenstelle Osnabrück
ICO InnovationsCentrum Osnabrück GmbH
Albert-Einstein-Straße 1
49076 Osnabrück, Germany