[Rock-dev] Typelib plugin path and debian packages

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:19:16 CET 2017

I have to admit I forgot how the debian packaging is working (that is,
assuming that it's still mostly working the same way than its early
prototypes).

Assuming from your description that it tells autoproj to install the
package somewhere, but is then installed somewhere else (i.e. prefix
set to something which is not its final installation dir), your best
long-term solution by far would to add a way in autobuild to pass
extra arguments to 'make install'. You can then set the prefix to the
final destination but set DESTDIR to the packager's installation
target on the make command line (from setup_package blocks that are
loaded only within the debian packaging).

It would essentially ensure that any prefix-specific configuration is
done properly.

The short-term, you're-gonna-get-other-troubles-of-the-same-kind
solution would be to have a typelib-specific setup_package in the
debian packaging that resets the envvar.

Sylvain