I am a DFKI Research Fellow and principal researcher at DFKI. I have studied computer science, artificial intelligence, and computational linguistics at the Universities of Regensburg, Koblenz-Landau, and at the Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany. I obtained a Dr. rer. nat. degree in Computer Science in 1994, and the Venia Legendi in Computational Linguistics in 2004, both from the Saarland University.
The core of my research interest is in the field of natural language driven human computer interaction, where natural language is the common interface for extracting, classifying, and talking about information from large-scale unstructured text sources.
Projects and Activities
- Language Technology
- Machine Learning
- Information extraction
- Question answering
- Interactive Text Exploration
Program Committees (2014)
- 52th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies (ACL)
- 25th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (Coling)
- 9th international conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC)
- 19th International Conference on Applications of Natural Language to Information Systems (NLDB)
- TextGraphs - Graph-based Methods for Natural Language Processing, Workshop at EMNLP 2014