[Rock-dev] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: IMUSensor - temperature and inclinometers values

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Wed Sep 26 16:24:13 CEST 2012

On 26.09.2012 16:22, Javier Hidalgo Carrió wrote:
> On 09/26/2012 03:33 PM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> Hmh,
>>
>> i think we should add base::Temperature analog to base::angle WITHOUT
>> an timestamp, becasue the temperature can then be added to any class
>> without duplicate the time field.
>>
> In this case we will not be able to log the temperature alone in a
> port with a timestamp. We will need to use the timestamp from other port.
Thats the reason why you should add also the "base::TemperatureReading"
type, which includes the time and the base::Temperature ;).

In general in the past i was for an generic data type Stamped<T> which
is in general for this kind of thinks, but there was some points against
this, but i would like to point to it again ;).

>> Add instead an TemperatureReading dataitem which includes base::Time
>> and the base::Temperature (and still from my point of view an
>> std::string origin)
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Matthias

  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn