[Rock-dev] About external/

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Thu Apr 25 09:54:47 CEST 2013

On 04/25/2013 09:36 AM, Thomas Roehr wrote:
> As of now the folder contains 3rd party packages (mostly archives)
> with minor modifications just to make them build within our
> infrastructure, i.e. we don't contribute much to the functionality and
> consuming them in the layout might give a different impression.
Yes, we don't contribute to the functionality. Regardless, they are an
integral part of rock. To me, putting them in external/ gives the wrong
impression. It says "well, that stuff we don't contribute to is second
zone", the message I want to send is completely opposite: "we're happy
to not reinvent the wheel and reuse the big community-driven libraries
when it makes sense"