[Rock-dev] (Mostly for syskit users) using the orogen_loaders branch

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:24:29 CEST 2014

I've spent some time the last week(s) cleaning up the orogen_loaders branch
and making sure that all test suites pass fine.

 - there are a bunch of merge requests on github that will need to be
reviewed
 - more importantly, I have pushed / updated the orogen_loaders branches

If you have not followed, I am writing a list of blog posts to introduce
the changes that orogen_loaders contain. The index to the series is here. I
update it to link to the new posts as I post them.

  http://menfin.tumblr.com/post/89854262291/neat-things-are-coming-to-syskit

Anyways, if you are interested to try it out, you will need to add these
overrides:
  https://gist.github.com/doudou/e2c839eafda087cdc818

Among the structural changes and the unit testing, there is also some
optimizations in loading and instanciation times (quite dramatic in some
cases).

Given that I am doing that on my spare time (of which I have little), don't
expect a by-the-minute hand-holding from me. You are warned.