The European project SIforAGE aims to bring together scientist, end-users, civil society, public administrations, and companies in a drive to improve the competitiveness of the European Union regarding the promotion of research and innovation products for longer and healthier life. In addition, SIforAGE sets out to change minds and attitudes towards elderly people as key contributors to the socioeconomic development of the European Union. The SIforAGE consortium is made up of a large number of stakeholders involved in ageing and social welfare, such as private foundations, care-centres, civil society associations representing elderly people, universities, public policy-makers, think-tanks, and experts at both European and international level. SIforAGE partners encourage all citizens, of all ages, to engage in the task of providing elderly citizens with the opportunity to contribute to their own good health and active life-styles, as well as to use their creativity and innovative spirit, for as long as possible.
Role of DFKI in this project:
- definition of the general approach for the dialogue between research, innovative industry, and users of technology, as well as other relevant stakeholders
- leading the project's efforts aimed at the involvement of end-users (elderly population) in research and innovation through the organization of Technology Experience Cafés
- contribution to the efforts aimed at improving existing mechanisms for introduction to the market of innovative products and service solutions for elderly people. DFKI will participate in the development of novel business models allowing for the sustainable growth of AAL products and service market
- contribution with its research and technology development perspective to the policy level interventions, the project plans to develop, to stimulate the paradigm shift in AAL
- promotion of the project vision and spreading the message of the SIforAGE results.