The goal of Perspecting is to develop and investigate knowledge-based technologies for personal, continuous knowledge acquisition. The made-up word "Perspecting" indicates the two types of processes we focus on:
(1) Prospecting, i.e., finding valuable information items supporting complete information seeking processes integrating new knowledge into one's personal body of knowledge
(2) Building Perspectives. Obtaining goal- and situation-oriented interpretations of information items
More technically, Perspecting is rooted in three core research areas:
(1) Information Retrieval: We aim at long-term usage of user attention data for personalized search
(2) Information Extraction: We aim at exploiting attention data for ontology-based IE.
(3) Knowledge Representation: We aim at formal representations of information seeking episodes for re-use of search experience.