AI4EU is the European Union’s landmark Artificial Intelligence project, which seeks to develop a European AI ecosystem, bringing together the knowledge, algorithms, tools and resources available and making it a compelling solution for users. Involving more than 70 partners, covering 21 countries, the ¤20m project kicked off in January 2019 and will run for three years.
AI4EU will unify Europe’s Artificial Intelligence community. It will facilitate collective work in AI research, innovation and business in Europe. By sharing AI expertise, knowledge and tools with the Platform, AI4EU will make AI available to all.
– Mobilize the entire European AI community to make AI promises real for European Society and Economy
– Create a leading collaborative AI European platform to nurture economic growth
To achieve these goals, the project includes a diverse set of tasks and an ambitious set of activities:
– Create Europe’s leading AI On-Demand-Platform that is open and sustainable
– Bring stakeholders together through high-profile conferences and virtual events
– Develop a relevant, comprehensive and stimulating Strategic Agenda for European AI
– Establish an Ethics Observatory to ensure development of human-centred AI
– Roll out of ¤3m in Cascade Funding
AI4EU will nurture more adequacy between business needs and research results and accelerate growth. It will help the European Community to become a global leader in both highly advanced and human-centred AI, promising cutting-edge breakthroughs in this pivotal technological arena.
Das Vorhaben hat mehr als 80 Teilnehmer, darunter das DFKI.